2020 Top 10 Cyber Attacks in India most typical forms of It like Malware, Phishing, Man-In-The-Middle Attack, Denial-of-service attack etc. Such are the Attacks that you’ll learn in this Article as well as you’ll get to understand what are cyber attacks with the assistance of it’s types..
What are the Cyber Attacks?
A Cyber Attack is defined as an attack originated by a digital system against another digital device, website, or the other digital system and compromises its privacy, reliability or the info stored in it. A cyber attack can maliciously disable computers, steal data, or use a breached computer as a launch point for other attacks.
Types of Cyber Attacks
Cyber-attacks are often of varied types. you would like to remember of all those sorts of cyber attacks to ensure your highest safety and security.
Related Product : Certified Ethical Hacker | CEH Certification
Malware is taken under consideration as software that’s intentionally developed to disrupt computer, server, client, or network.
Malware are often within the type of scripts, executable codes, active content, and other malicious software.
These codes are often computer worms, viruses, ransomware, Trojan horses, adware, spyware, or scare ware. Malware, because the name suggests, is meant with a malicious intent to cause damage to the website/computer user.
The most prominent damages caused by malware are:
- As ransomware, it blocks access to key components of the network.
- Installs harmful software/malware
- As spyware, they’re going to steal valuable information from your system (spyware) ;
- They will damage certain hardware components of your system and make them inoperable.
The main aim of Phishing is to steal restricted and private information like mastercard details, login ids, and passwords, etc.
By impersonating oneself as a reliable establishment in transmission . it’s usually done through email spoofing or instant messaging.
They carry a link that directs users to a fake website which looks almost like the legitimate site and asks them to enter personal and secure information. it’s a fraudulent activity intended to cheat users.
They bait the users by claiming to be from a reliable third group like auction sites, online payment processors, social internet sites , banks, or IT administrators.
You need to be aware and acknowledged with such fraudulent activities to bypass any such fraud activities.
3) Man-In-The-Middle Attack
In Man-in-the-middle (MitM) the invader covertly modifies the chats and dialogues between two people that are communicating with one another .
In a Man-in-the-middle attack, the communicators are made to believe that they’re directly communicating with one another with none interference from any third party.
But the reality is that the entire communication is controlled by the invader while making the communicators believe that they’re talking to one another . it’s also referred to as eavesdropping.
The Entry Points For MITM
- The invaders can easily take control of o private chats over an unsecured public Wi-Fi. Invaders can inset between the device and therefore the network and may take control of the private hats within the network. The communicators without having any idea pass all the conversation to the invaders.
- It also can be done through malware. In such cases, the invader installs software on the victim’s device to process all his information.
4) Denial-of-service attack
In denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) the offender tries to form digital assets inaccessible to its anticipated users. The offender provisionally interrupts services of a number who is linked to the online . It involves overflowing the besieged machine with surplus applications to burden it from fulfilling the legitimate requests.
5) SQL Injection attack
A Structured command language (SQL) injection attack allows the intruders to run malicious SQL statements. These SQL statements have the ability to require over the database server.
Using SQL injection intruders can overcome application security measures.
It allows them to undergo the validation and approval process of any web application.
It also allows them to recover the whole data from their database. It also gives access to intruders to feature , modify, and delete data within the database.
An SQL Injection allows intruders to fiddle with various databases including MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or others. it’s widely used by attackers to urge access over:
- Personal data
- Intellectual property
- Customer information
- Trade secrets and more
6) Zero-Day Attack
The zero-day vulnerability may be a defect within the software, hardware or maybe the firmware. It is hidden from the teams liable for fixing this bug. it’s mentioned as zero-day because it features a zero day time gap between the time it’s detected and therefore the first attack. For getting more knowledge join Infosavvy LIVE Online training’s with certifications
7) Cross-Site Scripting
In Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks the malicious scripts are embedded to reliable websites. The intruders send malicious code to different users by embedding them into a trusted website usually as a browser side script. Learn more concepts from best cyber security institute in mumbai. There are different way to gain knowledge.
8) Credential Reuse Attack
With almost every personal account posing for Ids and passwords, we tend to reuse them for various accounts. Though it’s an enormous NO, we tend to reuse one id and password for several accounts. Reusing an equivalent password are often an enormous threat to your security. The intruders can steal your usernames and passwords from a hacked website and that they get an opportunity to log in to your other account using an equivalent id and passwords.
9) Password Attack
Passwords are the most gateways to securely enter into your personal accounts. Getting access to those passwords is an age-old and most convenient thanks to poke into someone’s private account. There are a lot of courses in cyber security certification Infosavvy is offering in Mumbai that are CCISO, CEH, CTIA, ECIH, and ECSA these are the 2020 Top 10 Cyber Attacks in India
10) Drive-By Download Attack
Drive-by –download attack may be a common method employed by hackers to spread malicious scripts or codes on user’s systems.Attackers embed a malicious script into an insecure website’s pages. Whenever you visit such websites, the scripts will automatically install on your system or might redirect you to an internet site that’s controlled by the attacker.
Recent cyber attacks
Which is the worst cyber attack after deciding people who made our list did so because they got tons of notice for various reasons like they were widespread, perhaps, or because they were signals of a bigger , scary trend. Without further ado, here are a number of the foremost notable cyber attack in currently history as they are given below
- Capitol One breach
- The Weather Channel ransomware
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection/Perceptics
- Citrix breach
- Texas ransomware attacks
learn more– csoonline.com
Questions related to this topic
- How do hackers get your information?
- What are the 4 types of cyber attacks?
- What method would a cyber attacker use to infect a system with malware?
- How can you tell if your computer is infected with spyware?
- What are the 2020 Top 10 Cyber Attacks in India?
Learn CEH & Think like hacker
- What is Ethical Hacking? & Types of Hacking
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 8 Most Common Types of Hacker Motivations
- What are different types of attacks on a system
- Scope and Limitations of Ethical Hacking
- TEN Different Types Of Hackers
- What is the Foot-printing?
- Top 12 steps for Foot printing Penetration Testing
- Different types of tools with Email Foot printing
- What is “Anonymizer” & Types of Anonymizers
- Top DNS Interrogation Tools
- What is SNMP Enumeration?
- Top vulnerability scanning tools
- Information Security of Threat
- Foot printing tools:
- What is Enumeration?
- Network Security Controls
- What is Identity and Access Management?
- OWASP high TEN web application security risks
- Password Attacks
- Defend Against Key loggers
- Defend Against Spyware
- Covering Tracks
- Covering Track on Networks
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 1
- Everything You Need To Know About Sniffing – Part 2
- Learn more about GPS Spyware & Apparatuses
- Introduction of USB Spyware and It’s types
- 10 Types of Identity Theft You Should Know About
- Concepts of Denial-of-Service Attack & Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Impersonation on Social Networking Site’s Problem
- How Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Works
- DHCP Request/Reply Messages
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Rogue DHCP Server Attack
- IOS Switch Commands
- Web Server Concept
- Web Server Attacks
- Web Server Attack Tools
- Web Server Security Tools
- 6 Quick Methodology For Web Server Attack
- Learn Skills From Web Server Foot Printing / Banner Grapping
- The 10 Secrets You Will Never Know About Cyber Security And Its Important?
- Ways To Learn Finding Default Content Of Web Server Effectively
- How will Social Engineering be in the Future
- Understand The Background Of Top 9 Challenges IT Leaders Will Face In 2020 Now
- Learning Good Ways To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
- Anti-phishing Tools Guide
This Blog Article is posted by
Infosavvy, 2nd Floor, Sai Niketan, Chandavalkar Road Opp. Gora Gandhi Hotel, Above Jumbo King, beside Speakwell Institute, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Contact us – www.info-savvy.com